Expressions Dental believes that the better informed you are about dental health issues, the more pro-active you’ll be in making wise dental decisions. That’s why we have selected the following patient education resources listed below. If you are looking for information on a certain subject and do not see it here, contact us by phone or email and we’ll be happy to help!
- American Dental Association – The ADA is a premiere oral health authority committed to the public and the profession.
- Academy of General Dentistry – the AGD’s mission is to serve the needs and represent the interests of general dentists, to promote the oral health of the public, and to foster continued proficiency of general dentists through quality continuing dental education in order to better serve the public.
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry –The American Academy ofCosmetic Dentistry® (AACD) is dedicated to advancing excellence in the art and science of cosmetic dentistry and encouraging the highest standards of ethical conduct and responsible patient care.
- American Heart Association – The AHA is dedicated to building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine –the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM) is an international network of researchers and clinicians representing the leading edge approach to oral appliance therapy in the treatment of sleep disordered breathing.
- National Sleep Foundation – The National Sleep Foundation (NSF) is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to improving public health and safety by achieving understanding of sleep and sleep disorders, and by supporting sleep-related education, research, and advocacy.
- Sleepeducation.com – this site features clear descriptions of sleep disorders and treatments and also provides current news and helpful hints to further educate online visitors.
- Silent Sleep oral appliance – This USDA approved appliance is a relatively inexpensive option for you to use to evaluate if oral appliance therapy can work for you to reduce snoring and sleep breathing disorders.
- Somnomed sleep breathing appliance – This oral appliance is an upper airway management system for the treatment of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea.
- CareCredit – CareCredit is a convenient, low minimum monthly payment program that can help you financially achieve the healthy and beautiful smile you deserve. Go online to learn more and apply today!
- Cerec – Learn why CEREC is the preferred CAD/CAM technology of dentists worldwide for the fabrication of all-ceramic dental restorations in a single appointment.
- DIAGNOdent – DIAGNOdent aids in the detections of caries. Even very small lesions are detected at the earliest stage, enabling you to protect and preserve the tooth structure.
- Oral Cancer Foundation – This site will provide you with hundreds of pages of information about the rates of occurrence, risk factors which lead to oral cancer, signs and symptoms, treatments, current research, complications of treatment, nutrition, and current oral cancer related news
- Velscope – This oral cancer screening device is fast, painless, and affordable. Learn how this advanced technology can look deep within oral tissues to where oral cancer and its precursors begin.
- Sonicare – Discover how this technologically advanced power toothbrush creates an indescribable clean feeling and the benefits you can expect.
- OralDNA.com – OralDNA Labs are leaders in advancing wellness in dentistry through salivary diagnostics. Learn more about the importance and benefits of incorporating salivary diagnostic tests into your treatment plan.
- Invisalign – Invisalign aligners are the clear alternative to metal braces for adults, kids and teens. These clear aligners are the virtually invisible way to improve your smile.